This page provides useful information and links related to the North Star Horizon computer and the S-100 boards they made.
Pictured here is a refurbished Horizon computer. This
details about this Horizon and its restoration.
This computer was received in a typical configuration with several North Star brand S-100 boards installed:
- Z80 CPU board running at 4 mhz (ZPB-A)
(bottom board in picture)
- 32K Dynamic RAM board (RAM-32-A)
- 2 x 16K Dynamic RAM boards (RAM-16-A)
(8K enabled on 2nd 16K board for 56K total RAM
- MDS-A-D Double Density Floppy Disk Controller
(2nd board from bottom in picture)
- Motherboard provides two serial ports and two parallel ports
- Horizon Computer Manuals
- North Star S-100 Board Manuals
- Horizon Software, ROMS, and Disk Images
- Virtual Sector Generator for Hard-Sectored Controllers